Thematic banner image for the Complaints and disputes page

Complaints and disputes

Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP)

If you have made a formal complaint and are unsatisfied with our response, you may raise your complaint further via the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP).

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

TPAS is a voluntary organisation of pension’s professionals who give free, independent and impartial information and guidance about pensions, to members of the public. TPAS will help members and beneficiaries in connection with any questions, or help with specific queries, and offer guidance with complaints.

Contact details are:



11 Belgrave Road


0800 011 3797

Pensions Ombudsman

If you are still unhappy following a decision made through IDRP, you can take your case to the Pensions Ombudsman provided you do so within 3 years from the date of the original decision (or lack of a decision) which you are disputing, or within 3 years of when you first became aware of the problem.

The Ombudsman investigates complaints and settles disputes about pension schemes. However, before making a formal complaint to the Pensions Ombudsman you would normally be expected to have progressed through both the first and second stages of the internal dispute resolution procedure.

The Ombudsman's decision is final and binding for all parties, subject to any appeal made to the High Court on a point of law. For more information or to contact the PO:-



The Pensions Ombudsman
10 South Colonnade,
Canary Wharf,
E14 4PU


0800 917 4487

You can also submit a complaint form online:

This website uses cookies to provide features necessary for the website to work. It also uses cookies to measure performance and provide anonymous analytics to help us improve the website. For more information read our Cookies & Privacy policy.